Java 8 features course content
Category : Trainings Course Content
| Sub Category : Trainings Course Content | By Runner Dev Last updated: 2023-12-05 14:19:01
Viewed : 82
A comprehensive Java 8 features course would cover a range of topics to help participants understand and apply the new features introduced in Java 8. Here is a suggested course content outline:
Module 1: Introduction to Java 8 Features
Module 2: Lambda Expressions
Module 4: Default Methods
Module 5: Method References
Module 7: New Date and Time API
Module 8: CompletableFuture
Java8 - Introduction to Completable Future
Module 10: Other Miscellaneous Features
Module 11: Practical Applications and Case Studies
Java 8 is a significant release of the Java programming language, introducing several features and enhancements, most notably lambdas and the Stream API. Learning Java 8 is beneficial for a variety of individuals, including:
- Java developers who want to stay current with the latest features and enhancements in the Java language should learn Java 8. The introduction of lambdas and the Stream API significantly improves the way Java code is written, making it more concise and expressive.
- Software engineers working with Java-based applications can benefit from Java 8`s features to write cleaner, more efficient, and modern code.
- Web developers using Java for server-side development can leverage Java 8 features to enhance the development of web applications. Streamlining code with lambdas and functional programming can lead to more maintainable and readable code.
- Android developers who use Java for Android app development can enhance their skills by learning Java 8. While Android primarily supports up to Java 8 syntax (as of my knowledge cutoff in January 2022), many features introduced in Java 8 are applicable.
Students and Beginners:
- Students learning Java as their first programming language or individuals new to Java programming can start with Java 8. Learning the latest version ensures they are introduced to the most up-to-date language features.
Technical Managers and Architects:
- Technical managers and software architects should be aware of the capabilities introduced in Java 8 to make informed decisions about adopting it in their projects. Understanding lambdas and the Stream API can influence design decisions.
Enterprise Application Developers:
- Developers working on enterprise-level applications, especially those dealing with large datasets, can benefit from the parallel processing capabilities of the Stream API in Java 8.
Prerequisites for Learning Java 8:
What You Can Learn with Java 8:
- Understanding the syntax and usage of lambda expressions to write more concise and functional code.
- Exploring functional interfaces and how they relate to lambda expressions.
- Learning the Stream API for processing collections of data in a functional style, including the use of map, filter, and reduce operations.
- Understanding the concept of default methods in interfaces and how they enable backward compatibility.
- Exploring the Optional class to handle potentially nullable values more effectively.
Date and Time API:
- Learning the new Date and Time API, which provides a more comprehensive and immutable alternative to the legacy
- Exploring enhancements to the concurrency APIs, including the CompletableFuture class for asynchronous programming.
- Learning about new collectors in the Collectors utility class for aggregating elements of a stream.
Java 8 marked a significant shift in Java`s approach to programming by introducing functional programming constructs. Learning Java 8 features can enhance a developers ability to write cleaner, more modular, and expressive code.